So Many Words


"Words are seeds that do more than blow around. They land in our hearts and not the ground. Be careful what you plant and careful what you say. You might have to eat what you planted one day." ~Unknown

I had a conversation with a friend yesterday about words and the sheer volume of talking that happens nowadays. People use words all the time and yet, so few of those words carry any sort of deep meaning at all. 

We are in an election year here in the United States. It's also the day after the presidential debate in which both candidates used a plethora of words, most of which had absolutely no meaning. In an election year the sheer amount of words people use is exhausting.

There are blogs, social media posts, videos and many other means of communication and yet, most of that communication is gut-reactions to events and details in all sectors of life. 

Life is short and I want to choose the words I use carefully. I would like the words I speak and write to have some depth, meaning and well-processed thought behind them. 

We are living in an age full of talking heads, spouting off at the mouth and meaningless chatter. And yet, for some moments in life, quiet reflection is better and choosing ones words carefully would be wiser.


Ecclesiastes 5:2 ~ "Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth. Therefore let your words be few".

Psalm 141:3 ~"Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!"

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live

When Christmas Doesn't Quite Feel Like Christmas