Michele's Basic Salad Dressing
















My mom asked for this recipe last week and I actually forgot until I made it again last night. Sorry, Mom!

Here you go.

3 Tbsp. red onion
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. celery seeds
1 cup canola oil

Put the red onion in a food processor and pulse until minced. Add remaining ingredients and pulse for 2-3 minutes until well mixed.

You can vary this recipe in many ways. I use different vinegars and oils and spices depending on my mood. The mustard and onion are the key ingredients because they keep the dressing emulsified.

Comments

  1. Yum, sounds really good. I like onion taste, but not the actual texture. I guess I could make it small enough that it would not be as noticeable. Would it be the same to use a vidalia onion or something a little milder than a red onion, or is the red onion necessary to the dressing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you put it in the food processor, April it comes out smooth. There are no chunks of onion. You can use any onion you like. I didn't have red onions last night so I used regular Spanish onions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Terri! My mom bought me a brand new food processor and I have not tried it out yet. I need to do that. I would be processing the mess out of some onions!!!
    A- :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that sound like it would be really yummy I may try that sometime. Good idea

    love Ya, marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Terri - have put it in my recipe file - I like it cos it's all stuff you would normally have in the pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Terri. It was so delicious that I wanted to try it. I knew you would get around to it eventually. Thanks for sharing. I would recommend this to anyone.

    Love, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live