Botany 101

I love to learn new things, especially about plants and flowers. The internet is a wonderful resource to try and figure out the names of things.

Today I took a stroll around my yard to show off my new knowledge! ;-)


Phlox
Photobucket

Foxglove
Photobucket

Mums (these I knew)
Photobucket

Purple cone flowers or Echinacea
Photobucket

Black-eyed Susans
Photobucket

These I still don't know. This is the only little flower on this bush. It looks like it's at the end of the season.
Photobucket

This is a flower of a different kind.
Photobucket

Isn't he gorgeous? LOL!

Comments

  1. Terri, beautiful flowers! I wonder if the yellow flower is
    "Coreopsis"; it looks like it --I compared it to one of my flower books.
    I don't know about the "flower" on the couch. LOL.
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to even have green! We've had sooo little rain that everything is lovely shades of brown...and the leaves are already falling off :(

    At least the last flower is smiling ;) In our family it would be labeled something like Stinkweed though LOL.

    Love You,
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were both thinking the 101 thing!LOL.

    These are beautiful flowers and the last one looks like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.