Emergency Room












What a night! I ended up going to the emergency room with chest pains around 6:00 p.m. For the past week and a half, I've had slight chest pains on and off. I attributed it to stress and basically ignored it because it was hardly anything. They've gotten worse the past few days and Saturday and Sunday I couldn't swallow anything without a sharp pain in the middle of my chest. You know the feeling you get when you swallow something and it goes down the wrong tube? Well, I've had that everytime I eat and drink.

By yesterday afternoon, I had this crushing pain in my chest and decided I shouldn't play around. I was pretty sure that all I have is the symptoms of GERD (acid reflux) but the pain was severe enough that I thought I would be dumb enough to be sitting at home while I had a heart attack.

Well, after doing an EKG, a chest xray, and blood work, I found out I was right! So I should of gone with my instincts of staying at home. The only good thing that came out of it is that I got a prescription medication for the acid reflux. I'm supposed to be on a bland diet for a few weeks and if it doesn't get better, I have to go to my regular doctor.

So that was my bit of excitement yesterday. At least it gave me something to blog about! ;-)

Comments

  1. I'm glad your results were good! You were wise to go ahead and get checked out. Its no fun going to the ER. I've been there for myself and my mother twice this summer. I hope you and I can stay out of there for a while! Good luck with the bland diet and medicine.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you'll be spending a few days on the "David Groh" diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank God it wasn't a heart attack! It was good you went just to be sure and I pray the meds will help you!! I hope you really relax this week and get rejuvinated! Take care of yourself!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri how frightening. I'm so glad all worked out well.
    I'm back in France after a lovely 2 weeks in UK, with my husband, to celebrate his 75th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor you! Glad you're ok - have a rest this week - you need it!
    love,
    Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, I'm so glad you are alright now, but you did the right thing going to the hospital.
    I will keep you in my prayers,
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri, I'm glad it turned out ok...but you have to take things easier from now on, ok? (listen to your Auntie Tina!) Please rest lots. hugs, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri, I think you were very, very smart to go. If nothing else, after an episode like that, it's good to have peace of mind. I'm glad it was just GERD, and that hopefully this medicine will work for you! Please rest, we've all said it now...rest!

    Love you!
    April :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri I am glad you are ok. It is a scary feeling not knowing what is wrong. I hope you feel better each day!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that it was nothing serious, Terri but really when you have that kind of pain you should not try to second guess what is wrong. You did the right thing by going to the emergency room. What if you were having a heart attack, you could be dead while you were deciding if it was serious enough to go or not.

    If you are having acid reflux, it might help to cut down on your carbs. Curt and I use to have trouble in the night with acid reflux until I started doing the Your Image diet two years ago and we cut back on our carbs and we haven't had any trouble since.

    You need to pay attention to your body when it sends signals to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is scary ~ I'm so glad it wasn't more serious!

    I had to laugh when you said it gave you something to blog about ~ it's funny how since I started blogging that I look at things as a blog idea!! :)

    I hope you can enjoy a restful day,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to your results were ok and good thing you went to check.
    Take it easy. Your life sounds quite busy!
    Bless you. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.