Monday, August 18, 2008

Emergency Room












What a night! I ended up going to the emergency room with chest pains around 6:00 p.m. For the past week and a half, I've had slight chest pains on and off. I attributed it to stress and basically ignored it because it was hardly anything. They've gotten worse the past few days and Saturday and Sunday I couldn't swallow anything without a sharp pain in the middle of my chest. You know the feeling you get when you swallow something and it goes down the wrong tube? Well, I've had that everytime I eat and drink.

By yesterday afternoon, I had this crushing pain in my chest and decided I shouldn't play around. I was pretty sure that all I have is the symptoms of GERD (acid reflux) but the pain was severe enough that I thought I would be dumb enough to be sitting at home while I had a heart attack.

Well, after doing an EKG, a chest xray, and blood work, I found out I was right! So I should of gone with my instincts of staying at home. The only good thing that came out of it is that I got a prescription medication for the acid reflux. I'm supposed to be on a bland diet for a few weeks and if it doesn't get better, I have to go to my regular doctor.

So that was my bit of excitement yesterday. At least it gave me something to blog about! ;-)