Those of you who are methodical and think things through before acting or responding probably don't have to reflect on the saying, "haste makes waste" too much. But for some it's a hard lesson to learn, especially if you are a quick decision maker. I did look up where the saying came from and it was first recorded in the apocryphal Book of Wisdom around 190 BCE. It says, “There is one that toileth and laboureth, and maketh haste, and is so much the more behind.” Over time it was shortened to the quip we know today. For myself, it's a lesson I've had to learn. I've spent countless hours throughout the years having to go back and redo something or find solutions to problems brought about by being too hasty in my actions or response in agreeing to do something another wants me to do. To be honest, that later problem is more of what I have struggled with in my life. I have difficulty saying no to people so tend to get caught up in their enthusiasm and agree...
Well Whoo hooo! Not gaining is great! You're doing soooo well!! I'm proud of you :)
ReplyDeleteLove You,
Laura in VA
Good for you Terri. You are still doing an awesome job!
ReplyDeleteLove,
April :0)
You are doing so well - I am in awe of you! Nearly two stones - very very well done.
ReplyDeleteI agree ~ not gaining is great! I think your weight loss is very encouraging!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sharon
Your doing great Terri!! At least you didn't gain anything!!! Stress can be a big hinderence when your trying to loose weight!Ugh! Keep it up your an inspiration to us all!!:0) Take care!~Wendy
ReplyDeleteThat's ok, Terri. At least you didn't gain anything and our bodies always hit a plateau when dieting so just keep having a positive attitude and keep on with the program, you'll start losing again. I am very proud of the work you have done. Good Job!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom