Chicken and Rice

This is a very simple dish and really tasty.

Chop 1 large onion, mince 2 cloves of garlic, and chop 1 small green pepper.
Photobucket

Cut 2 whole, boneless chicken breasts into chunks.
Photobucket

Heat 4 Tbsp. olive oil in a pan and brown the chicken breasts. Remove from the pan.
Photobucket

Add veggies and saute for about 5 minutes until they are soft.
Photobucket

Add 1 cup of rice, 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can of diced tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups of water, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. cumin, and 1/4 tsp. of pepper. Bring to a boil.
Photobucket

Reduce heat and add chicken. Simmer for about 45 minutes until the rice is soft and the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Add 1 cup of peas and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Sounds real good, Terri. I think that I might try this one. I love chicken and I love rice so I'm sure I would like this. I don't have to use my cookbooks anymore, all I have to do is come over here and I can get all the recipes that I want. LOL!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good Terri! I will have to try it as you have the best recipes!! I had some sausage and I wanted to try the Sausage Lentil soup but my daughter wanted your sausage and pepper recipe again ~ it's one of her favorites! So I'll have to get some more sausage to try the soup! I agree with your mom ~ we can just come here and get great recipes!!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Blessings to you,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum, that's a favourite of ours. Today I'm making tomato chutney, that's a kind of relish....but sorry , no tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.