Crockpot Granola

I got this recipe years ago and it's a family favorite. I especially like making it in the crockpot as I can throw all the ingredients together and not think about it anymore.

Put 5 cups of rolled oats in a crockpot.
Photobucket

Now here is the fun part. You can get creative with what you add - seeds, nuts, coconut, whatever. Just make sure you add your dried fruit after it's cooked.

I usually add 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. almond or vanilla extract, 1 cup coconut, and 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds.
Photobucket

Then you need to add 1/2 cup oil (I used canola) and 1/2 cup of honey.
Photobucket

Mix well and cook on low for 5 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure you leave the lid cracked or you will end up with oatmeal!
Photobucket

Add raisins or some other dried fruit and transfer to an airtight container. Let cool completely before covering.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Ok...I know it's a silly question...but then what do you do with it? How do you normally eat it?

    I see the recipes and think 'oh that looks good' but then the only thing I've ever eatten are granola bars out of a box ;)

    Love,
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura. It's cereal so I just put some in a bowl and pour milk over the top and eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. REALLY?? Oh that would be wonderful! We love cereal...but I don't buy it much because of the price and the fact that the kids will eat three bowls of it if I let them ;)

    But the granola seems it would be much healthier and filling for them :) You convinced me...it's on my list to make this week :)

    Now how do you store it? LOL
    Love,
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I store it in an airtight container such as a tupperware container or big glass jar with the screw on lids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great and what a way to save money. I need to compile a recipe book of my own. THat will go on the to do list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that sounds wonderful! I will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Paul has been bugging me to make granola from another recipe you gave me years ago, it bakes in the oven. This looks much easier! Maybe I'll make it this weekend when I'm not in school, hmmm... I seem to say that alot lately!!!!

    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa!!! I'm so glad to see you here. I like this recipe because it doesn't require me to have to keep an eye on it much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks yummy! Our family loves granola but I have never tried making it in the crockpot before! I have lots of oats so I think I will try it this week.

    Have a great day,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yummy, Terri. I will give this a try and I like recipes that work well in a crockpot so I don't have to spend time watching them, too!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recognize this from the Sonlight forums--the famous TamInAz's crockpot granola! I wonder whatever happened to her. We were just talking about her the other day.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jen,

    I actually knew Tam from a different message board. However, this recipe was from someone on that board. I know Tam used quite a few of them for her blog/recipe board. It's delicious!

    Thanks for the compliment on the blog.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.