Why I Love Autumn








I've mentioned this a few times but just in case you didn't get it the first 5 or 6 times............I love autumn! I look forward to it all year long. Here are a few reasons why:

1. Wearing soft sweaters
2. The smell of wood smoke on a crisp autumn day
3. Pumpkins
4. Apple picking
5. The smell of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in all kinds of baked goods
6. Hazelnut or pumpkin spice candles burning
7. Hiking in the woods
8. The trees ablaze with color
9. The crackling sound of leaves underfoot
10. Apple cider
11. Anticipation of the holiday season
12. Brisk wind
13. Squash
14. Pumpkin seeds
15. A bonfire on a chilly night
16. Apple pies
17. Fall festivals
18. Going for brisk walks with a jacket and NOT sweating
19. Autumn decorations
20. Hay rides

I know that not everyone looks forward to fall because winter is not far behind but I love living in an area of the country where we can experience 4 distinct seasons. God made each one and they are all special but autumn is definitely my favorite!

Comments

  1. Hi Terri,
    I love fall too. Your decorations are so beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, we dont really decorate for Autumn here,and I was interested to see what you did, very attractive.

    Like you, I love Autumn, the scents of bonfires, the shiny berries in the hedges, the changing leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks just lovely and "fallish" at your house! I love your list of autumn favorites. I have a cinnamon apple candle burning and I made a pumpkin pie today so it seems very much like a fall day ~ rain included!

    Have a blessed weekend!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri,
    I agree with you! I love fall; the air is so crisp!
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall better now that I know I'm not going to have to face that long, long, dreary winter right behind it.

    Now I can really enjoy it but alas, the colors down here are nothing like the colors in the North Country.

    Why do we always have to make choices? But I will definitly enjoy fall after our hot summer that is for sure.

    I agree with all your reasons for likeing fall because I like all those things too!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.