Crafty Things

I've had a busy and productive week! That doesn't always happen but it certainly feels good when it does.

Here are some things I've been working on.

Another dress for Emily. This one turned out much nicer than the other one. I made it the same size, but just made the seams larger. She is at an in between size so I can't make the eight because it's too small and the ten is a little too big.
Photobucket

Here's a close-up of the ribbon. I actually add a roll of this in my drawer and it matched perfectly.
Photobucket

This morning I made some note cards.

I really dislike those velium words. You have to glue them down and they keep wanting to roll back up. I usually have to set something heavy on top and once they are totally dry they look okay. This one is still wet so you can see where the corner is turning up a bit.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I think this one is my favorite.
Photobucket

That's it for this week. Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. I love dress you made for Emily! What pattern did you use, I think I just might have to make my daughter one.
    I also have a hate/love relationship with those velum words. One thing that works really well for me is to put the glue on and let it sit until it almost dry......tacky and then put it on. Another thing I see people do that is really cute is to sew the velum to the paper. It is such a neat affect and handles those pesky vellum paper problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandi,

    I used Simplicity 5645. The thing I like about it is you can choose the sleeves, bodice and skirt you want so it really is like having many patterns in one.

    I love the idea of sewing on the words! Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, sewing the vellum on would be really cute too. that's a great idea!
    i love that ribbon you put on the dress... it finishes it off, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress AND cards are so cute! Don't you love it when you have things on hand that match what you are doing perfectly? As my hubby says, "I love it when a plan comes together!".

    Debbie J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Lots of pretty things you've created Terri! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.