Exceptional Chili












I found this recipe online and I tweaked it and boy, is it good!

Ingredients

* 2 teaspoons oil
* 2 onions, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 lb lean ground beef
* 2 Chorizo sausage, sliced into small pieces
* 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1 cup strong coffee
* 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
* 1 can beef broth
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 3 1/2 tablespoons chili sauce
* 1 tablespoon cumin
* 1 tablespoon cocoa
* 1 teaspoon oregano
* 1 teaspoon cayenne
* 1 teaspoon coriander
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 16 oz. of beans (kidney, pinto, or black) - I used black

Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Saute with the ground beef until the veggies are soft and the meat is browned. I added the sausage in at the very end since they are already cooked.

Place all the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours. This is so tasty and definitely a hit.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. yum yum yum, that sounds good! Wish I had some at home in the crock pot right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live