Crafty Things

Well, I've had a productive week in the craft department. I do have to say that I always have visions of these perfect looking projects being churned out, but I don't think I have the patience for perfection.

I made a quilt for Stephen's bed and the top for Nathan's bed. I just need to piece together the back and put on binding for Nathan. I'm pleased with how it turned out but I really wanted to throw it out the window this afternoon!

Rather than being patient and pinning the binding all the way around, I tried to just sew and hold it in place at the same time. I can get away with that on table runners because they are smaller and usually the batting is not so fluffy. This ended up puckering and I had to tear the whole thing out and start again. GRRRR! That's what I get for trying to cut corners.

I turned up the corner so you can see the back.
Photobucket

I also made some cards this week.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, I'm pleased because I got a bit accomplished this week. I also had lots of time to think, pray and ponder things. That's always a good thing! I even came up with a brilliant idea for next Christmas!

Comments

  1. Hi Terri,
    How pretty. I hope to get back to crafting soon.
    With all the cold and snow I have been thinking about you.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt and cards are wonderful! I too sometimes try to find the easy way to finish-up a project! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Terri, you are way ahead of me! Next Christmas? No!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job Terri, on all these crafty things! I feel your pain with the puckering binding. I finally got an even feed foot and can use that to put the binding on without pinning it now. The boys will love their quilts made with love by their Mama. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all lovely - I'm amazed how much you got done - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks lovely, Terri! I always enjoy seeing the things you are working on. I don't mind sewing as long as it all goes well ~ but it makes me want to sit and cry when I have to rip everything out! :) You did great! I have that same stamp that you used on the last card! :)

    Thanks for sharing all your accomplishments!

    Blessings to you!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.