Friday, January 15, 2010

Crafty Things

Well, I've had a productive week in the craft department. I do have to say that I always have visions of these perfect looking projects being churned out, but I don't think I have the patience for perfection.

I made a quilt for Stephen's bed and the top for Nathan's bed. I just need to piece together the back and put on binding for Nathan. I'm pleased with how it turned out but I really wanted to throw it out the window this afternoon!

Rather than being patient and pinning the binding all the way around, I tried to just sew and hold it in place at the same time. I can get away with that on table runners because they are smaller and usually the batting is not so fluffy. This ended up puckering and I had to tear the whole thing out and start again. GRRRR! That's what I get for trying to cut corners.

I turned up the corner so you can see the back.
Photobucket

I also made some cards this week.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, I'm pleased because I got a bit accomplished this week. I also had lots of time to think, pray and ponder things. That's always a good thing! I even came up with a brilliant idea for next Christmas!