Thank God for Fridays

Psalm 138

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.

2 I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.

3 When I called, you answered me;
you made me bold and stouthearted.

4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD,
when they hear the words of your mouth.

5 May they sing of the ways of the LORD,
for the glory of the LORD is great.

6 Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly,
but the proud he knows from afar.

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes,
with your right hand you save me.

8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.


I didn't even realize it was Friday until a few minutes ago! This week has just flown by. I want to continue setting aside Fridays to look back over the week and acknowledge the things that the Lord has done/is doing in my life.

♫ I want to praise Him for Stephen's perseverance in school. He struggles with almost every subject and yet, he keeps plugging away and his grades have come up as a result.

♫ I was not called to sub this week which gave me a chance to catch up on my sewing and housework.

♫ Dan was in a fender-bender last night. He was stopped at a red light with a friend's car. He was using it to get ready to go pick them up at the airport. A man in a truck behind him wasn't paying attention and hit him, smashing in the back of the car. Praise the Lord that Dan wasn't hurt!

♫ Praise God that He renews my hope and joy every day. There are times when I get overwhelmed with my circumstances, yet He always reminds me that He is in control and working in the midst of them!

♫ We've all been healthy lately which is a big praise!

♫ The past few days the temperatures have warmed up and the sun has been out. What a difference that makes in my spirits. Praise God for the sunshine!

How about you? Is there anything for which you want to praise God?

Comments

  1. What a lovely list! I praise Him for safe travel, having just driven through England in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful list of blessings!

    I am thankful for all that God provides for our family. It is easy to complain about the bills and not having enough money, but when you watch the news and see what it going on down in Haiti it opens your eyes to all that God has done for us!
    I am also thankful that both my girls will be going to Winter Camp with the youth group from church this weekend...they are so excited to go! I know that they will have a wonderful time!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for the generous people who are donating funds to support the rescue effort in Haiti, and the courageous men and women who are rushing there to offer aid and comfort to the suffering Haitians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to add how thankful I am that I and my loved ones have shelter, clean water, food and safety. I am so grateful that I'm not living with uncertainty about whether or not my loved ones are alive, injured, trapped in rubble or killed. We take so much for granted, don't we?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadine & Anonymous, AMEN!!! We do take so much for granted in this country and that was a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.