Thief

I heard a whole bunch of squawking and screeching the other day and looked out the window in time to see this little thief.

Photobucket

This was the fattest squirrel I've ever seen. The pictures do not do him justice. He was sitting on top of the bird feeder and stealing the food.

At one point he was hanging upside down! :-)
Photobucket

Then he climbed up the tree and enjoyed his meal.
Photobucket

The noise I heard was coming from this little bird down on the ground. He was very put out that his meal was being interrupted.
Photobucket

Another jay was up in the tree, screeching away too.
Photobucket

The squirrel eventually climbed down. Later on I caught him in the garden chowing down on a pumpkin I threw in there back in November. He obviously had been feasting on it for a few weeks. The pumpkin was huge when I threw it in the garden it is basically gone. He had a large chunk of it in his paws and was obviously enjoying it.

I'm glad someone is enjoying the bird seed, even if it's not for whom it was intended. ;-)

Comments

  1. Looks like it's a case of the frying pan calling the kettle black because blue jays are usually the ones who steal food from the other birds because they are so much larger.

    Great pictures of that big fat thief. We have a few of them in our back yard as well.

    Happy Birthday a day early, Terri! I hope your special day will be especially joyful for you.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.