Monday, April 5, 2010

Can You Feel the Fear?

Photobucket

I'm now officially the parent of a teenage driver. Sigh. I'm not ready for this. It is the weirdest thing in the world to see your baby behind the wheel of a death machine. I can envision all sorts of scenarios and none of them good.

That is exactly why I make my husband strap himself into the 3,000 lb. vehicle with my seventeen year old as he practices driving. LOL

Stephen & Nathan went on Friday to take the test to get their learner's permits. Unfortunately, Stephen passed and Nathan did not. Poor Nathan was very depressed. He has major learning disabilities which make the traditional way of taking a written test extremely difficult. The motor vehicle office they went to was not set up to give him an oral exam. For that, we need to make an appointment at the main office.

However, Nathan has been highly motivated the past few days and has his nose buried in the driver's test booklet. We have encouraged him not to give up and to just keep trying.

In the meantime, if you hear screams in the air, they may be coming from New York!!!