Can You Feel the Fear?

Photobucket

I'm now officially the parent of a teenage driver. Sigh. I'm not ready for this. It is the weirdest thing in the world to see your baby behind the wheel of a death machine. I can envision all sorts of scenarios and none of them good.

That is exactly why I make my husband strap himself into the 3,000 lb. vehicle with my seventeen year old as he practices driving. LOL

Stephen & Nathan went on Friday to take the test to get their learner's permits. Unfortunately, Stephen passed and Nathan did not. Poor Nathan was very depressed. He has major learning disabilities which make the traditional way of taking a written test extremely difficult. The motor vehicle office they went to was not set up to give him an oral exam. For that, we need to make an appointment at the main office.

However, Nathan has been highly motivated the past few days and has his nose buried in the driver's test booklet. We have encouraged him not to give up and to just keep trying.

In the meantime, if you hear screams in the air, they may be coming from New York!!!

Comments

  1. My darling Terri - I know just how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri,
    Oh no stay off the sidewalks. LOL
    I will put you on my prayer list.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too understand...my daughter Sarah has her learning permit and I have her practice driving with her dad...I am not that brave yet! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad. I've got a 19-year-old who's failed his road test 3 times and that means I still have to drive him around. I'm hoping that he will try again soon!

    Meantime, all you can do is ask God to watch over your son and put it totally out of your own mind. Seriously, that's what I did with the other 3. I said a prayer and got busy with other things.

    It was either that, or go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Terri! I've been there... and now it's the grandchildren who are starting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you have fun times ahead. Our daughter started drive last year and our son is ready to take his permit as soon as I can get him to DMV. I will pray that Nathan passes his oral test. Don't they just look to young to be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle (other than a lawn tractor)?
    I imagine our parents said the same thing.

    Many blessings,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there three times, with one to go. Consider it an adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Terri ~

    I can totally understand! We have been through this 4 times with one more to go ~ but since she is not quite 13, we have awhile yet. Definitely not my favorite thing!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks so grown up - Time Flies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow! Two teen drivers! LOL I'm not looking forward to that age.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.