Candied Pecans

Photobucket

I made candied pecans today and they were so good I thought I'd share the recipe. You should be warned though that they are addicting! I think I gained about 5 lbs. :-)

Candied Pecans

2 cups pecan halves
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup of water

Place all the ingredients in a stick proof skillet and cook over medium high, stirring constantly for 6-10 minutes.

Photobucket

The pecans will start to glaze and the liquid will evaporate. Remove from the pan and add 2 tsp. of water to steam the pecans. Stir to coat all of the pecans with the water. Place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet until cool.

Photobucket

Store in an airtight container.

I used them in a salad made of spinach, red pepper, cucumber, blueberries, chopped apples, and blue cheese.

Delicious!

Comments

  1. Yum ~ in a little jar like that ~ what a sweet gift it would be at Christmas!

    Have a blessed Sunday, Terri!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Yummy is all I can say. This is a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live