Firsts

Photobucket

Well, school started for all of us on Tuesday and it was a number of firsts.

* Emily's first day in a brand new school. She is now a 6th grader at the middle school.

* Nathan's first day as a Senior.

* Stephen's first day in some challenging courses.

* My first time working full time in 9 1/2 years.

Overall, it went great. I came home to smiling faces and excited talk about the first day of school. That was nice!

I had a wonderful first day of work. The teacher I'm with has a great personality. She is calm, low-key and patient and great with the children. The children were sweet too. We had nobody crying either Tuesday or yesterday which is amazing for their first time in Kindergarten. We do have a few that are going to be challenges, but nothing too difficult.

It's going to be an adjustment working full-time, but so far it's been good. Of course the first day of school excitement has worn off. Today, when it was time to get up there were very slow responses, grouchy faces and snippy attitudes. Now, I have to go wake up the children. ;-)

Comments

  1. Terri, I hope all is going well with your family and all its "firsts" and the adjustment with you now working full time. The kids are getting so grown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great looking kids! I love first day of school pictures. Brings back memories of my little ones who are now all grown up. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Terri, it's funny how sometimes changes come all at once for everyone...it's the same here, with my son starting college the same day as I started work! So glad to hear you are working with a lovely teacher and that the children are mostly happy and content. Well done...you are doing great. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, It looks like your life has taken on some major changes! So happy that things are going so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that your day of "firsts" was a good one for all of you and I'm sure that your second day will be just as good with a little attitude adjustment on your part (before you wake the kids). LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Terri,
    Looks like evryone had a great firts.
    Have a blessed week end.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live