Thursday, September 16, 2010

Garden's End

My garden is coming to the end now that Autumn is on the way here. I have a patch of Swiss chard and two teeny-tiny pumpkins. Everything looks shriveled and bare.

However, there are a couple of things that are still producing fairly well.

I have tons of grape tomatoes ripening every day.

Photobucket

Also, there are quite a few Roma tomatoes left.

Photobucket

My pepper plants are still doing well. The habanero plants are loaded, though I notice they are not ripening as quickly with the cooler weather.

Photobucket

There are also many green peppers to pick.

Photobucket

I had put in a late planting of beans and peas, but I think it has gotten too cold for them. It has been a good year for the garden. I do need to improve the soil in my front garden before next year though.

I'm sad to see it almost over, but I won't miss the hours of canning!