Garden's End

My garden is coming to the end now that Autumn is on the way here. I have a patch of Swiss chard and two teeny-tiny pumpkins. Everything looks shriveled and bare.

However, there are a couple of things that are still producing fairly well.

I have tons of grape tomatoes ripening every day.

Photobucket

Also, there are quite a few Roma tomatoes left.

Photobucket

My pepper plants are still doing well. The habanero plants are loaded, though I notice they are not ripening as quickly with the cooler weather.

Photobucket

There are also many green peppers to pick.

Photobucket

I had put in a late planting of beans and peas, but I think it has gotten too cold for them. It has been a good year for the garden. I do need to improve the soil in my front garden before next year though.

I'm sad to see it almost over, but I won't miss the hours of canning!

Comments

  1. What a blessing!
    I wish that our garden had done better this year, but we have been so blessed to receive fresh produce from others to put-up in the pantry. We also have been visiting a local fruit stand and buying from their "clearance" shelf...lots of great deals!
    Lord willing we will have a better garden next year - we will be using raised beds!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where you can get some horse poo for your soil! Good stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Melissa! I appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure I'd want to drive the 8 hours with horse poo in the back of my car. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some bags of fertilizer will work just as good as the horse poo, Terri but you won't get that pleasant aroma with fertilizer. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Come on, it's all about the aroma! Mom and Dad just took home a bucket of my magic mule/horse mixture! There's something funny about the thought of Dad putting poo in his very clean trunk and driving all the way home with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live