Staying Organized

I am a very organized person by nature and I always try to stay one step ahead of things. However, now that I'm going to be working full-time, I want to make sure that I am on top of things around here.

I know that it's going to be difficult and I would be lying if I said I was overjoyed about going back to work full-time. However, I know this is necessary and yet, I don't want to lose the things that I enjoyed about staying at home.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day baking. I wanted to put some things in the freezer to make my life easier and still be able to have the home baked goods. I have children with allergies, so when I make something from scratch, I know exactly what is going into it.

Photobucket

I spent from 9 a.m. until around 4 p.m on my feet stocking up on some things.

I made 2 loaves of Italian bread, 3 loaves of French baguette, 16 onion bagels, 16 whole grain bagels, a batch of chocolate chip cookies, and dough for hot pockets.

Photobucket

On top of that, I canned sauerkraut, processed corn for the freezer and got dinner together.

Today is my first day with the children, as well as my own children's first day of school. I hope it's a good one!

Comments

  1. I'm praying for you too Terri, let us know how your day went. Your food preparation ahead of time is a great idea, but be careful not to spend every Saturday in the kitchen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did alot yesterday! I am praying God will bless you and your family as you begin school and work.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do great, Terri.

    You must feel so good to have stocked up a bit before starting your job. God will carry you through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew...you were a busy lady! :)
    Wishing you the best on your first day - may the Lord be with you!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! You were very busy and all that bread looks so good!
    Good luck working full time.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I worked when you were in your teens, I use to make three different meals on Saturday that I could use during the week so that I could get supper on the table within a half hour during week days.

    For example, I might make a Meatloaf and a pot of Spaghetti Sauce and Macaroni and Cheese then during the week, I would just heat these up and add a veggie or potatoes or spagetti depending on what I had.

    Maybe that would help you. Don't overdo. All the things you fixed look wonderful. I'm praying for you, Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a good first day! You really accomplished a lot yesterday ~ it sounded wonderful!

    Blessings ~ & I'm praying for you too!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live