My Mom

Photobucket

My mother and I are probably as different as night and day. We don't have the same views on just about everything - politics, child-rearing, sometimes life in general! This can cause sparks at times. Okay, A LOT! :-) There have been times when we have inadvertently hurt each other by our words.

However, I can ALWAYS rely on her. I know she loves me. I know that she will defend me. I know that she will defend my children.

I only get to see her about once a year, but I can pick up the phone and share my joys with her and I can share my heartbreak with her any time of the day or night. In both cases, she feels my happiness and my pain.

I don't always tell her how I feel. For some reason it is hard for me to open up and tell her how much I love her. I think at times she doubts my love because we disagree on so many issues. However, I love her with all my heart. I'm glad that she is my mother.

She raised three children by herself, and though she doesn't think so, she did a wonderful job! Was she perfect? No. Did she make mistakes? Yes. Don't we all? But, she did the best with the circumstances she was given and worked hard to provide for us and to teach us to love the Lord. Given the fact, that she didn't come to know the Lord until I was 12 years old, I think she did great!

Mom, I want you to know that I love you very much. I am so glad that I can count on you to be in my corner no matter what! I'm proud of you and you have taught me so much about loving God and serving Him.

I just wanted you to know that.

Comments

  1. Terri ~ what a sweet sweet post! You are very blessed ~ and so is your Mom!

    Weekend blessings!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your mom will be happy when she reads this! Mine lives 600 miles away, so I only see her once a year, too. We talk on the phone sometimes. I've learned over the years to keep the peace by avoiding certain subjects, but we do get along fine. Every phone call ends with "love ya!"

    PS--thanks for the nice comment on the coat I made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post, Terri! I appreciate all the uplifting things that you posted about me here. I love you and you can always count on me no matter what the circumstances.

    Thanks for making me sound like such a good mother but you could have picked a better picture. Yuk!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live