Salmon Cakes

Photobucket

Emily does not like fish. Whenever I make it she'll eat a few bites but really has a hard time with it. The one thing she does like though is salmon cakes. It makes no sense to me because it's still fish, but somehow the added ingredients makes it palatable to her. In fact, she had three helpings tonight.

Here is the recipe:

One 16 oz. can salmon
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup wheat bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/8 tsp. pepper

Mix all the ingredients together and form into patties. Add 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil to a pan and then fry on each side until golden brown.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. They sound really nice. I was wondering what to cook for our dinner this evening - now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look so good. I love fish as does all my kids. It's my hubby who doesn't like fish unless it's tuna.
    thanks for sharing the recipe. Ken will be gone for a week in Feb for work, so maybe the kids and I will try some salmon cakes while he's away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.