Chef Nathan

Nathan has been taking a Food Service Basics class in the occupational program he goes to for part of each day. He was able to get permission to take their Culinary I program next year.

He loves to cook and would like to do it more often at home. The problem is his control freak mother! I'm learning to let go of my domain and let him try. So the other night I decided that I was going to let him cook dinner and stay out of it! He was home all day on Thursday while I had to go to a teacher's conference. I figured it would be a good time to do it since I wouldn't be home to get in the way. ;-)

Photobucket

He came through with flying colors, cleaned up after himself, and set the table! The dinner was delicious! I think I'm going to have to let him do this more often.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Or...you could just send him over here? I'd love a chef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious looking dinner! Nathan can come and cook at my house any day!!!!!!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. "YEA" for Nathan and a big "YEA" for mom. I am a control freak too....especially when it came to cleaning up the kitchen after the kids cooked. I wanted them to understand that if the made the mess cooking it was part of their duty to clean up. Sounds like Nathan did great!

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! I really enjoy it when the girls offer to make dinner...it is a nice break every now and then! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Nathan fancy a trip to Scotland?? :) Well done that man!

    I smiled at your control freak comment, it took me a while to be able to walk out of the kitchen and leave my kids to it without interfering and cleaning up behind them! Lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Nathan!! I knew you could pull this off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live