Haste Makes Waste in Decision-Making
Those of you who are methodical and think things through before acting or responding probably don't have to reflect on the saying, "haste makes waste" too much. But for some it's a hard lesson to learn, especially if you are a quick decision maker. I did look up where the saying came from and it was first recorded in the apocryphal Book of Wisdom around 190 BCE. It says, “There is one that toileth and laboureth, and maketh haste, and is so much the more behind.” Over time it was shortened to the quip we know today. For myself, it's a lesson I've had to learn. I've spent countless hours throughout the years having to go back and redo something or find solutions to problems brought about by being too hasty in my actions or response in agreeing to do something another wants me to do. To be honest, that later problem is more of what I have struggled with in my life. I have difficulty saying no to people so tend to get caught up in their enthusiasm and agree...
Too cute, or shall I say Moo cute! ;)
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
~Nadine
How cute! This reminds me of my dog! Let me explain... My son, when he's home, gives our dog Annie the leftover milk from his cheerios. One morning my son told me to come look at Annie. She had a milk moustache!!!! She was drinking the leftover milk from her bowl and had milk on her upper lip! We couldn't stop laughing! I told my son I should take a picture and send it to the Milk Council! I wonder if they would have put Annie in a commercial????
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Very cute and oh so sweet!
ReplyDelete