Crafty Things

I really was productive this week in the craft department. Here are a few of the things I was able to accomplish.

I made three aprons.

Photobucket

Actually, a fourth one is done except for the binding. Edited to say, I finished it this morning.

Photobucket

This is my favorite frugal find.

The Christmas Tree Shop (a store in the U.S. that's great for all kinds of cheap things) was selling dish towels at 2 for $1.00. I liked the fabric and it is 100% cotton. However, they would not be good for dish towels at all as they are not absorbent like terrycloth. However, I thought they would make great napkins so I picked up 16 of them.

Out of the 16 dish towels, I was able to make 16 napkins and enough 5 1/2" squares for 2 table runners. Not bad for $8.

Here are the napkins.

Photobucket

I did finish the top of one of the table runners and hopefully, will finish that up this week. I was able to do a little bit each day and yet, see some quick results. My favorite kind of crafting week! ;-)

Comments

  1. They are beautiful Terri! I adore all the autumn colors! I need to make us some new napkins, ours are getting a bit faded and worn out! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.