50 Years Old Today


50 years old.

Half a century.

Stephen mentioned to me that the average person lives until they are 80 years old so I'm 63% of the way there. LOL

I'm not sure what I think about that. It seems like such a large number to be, especially since I don't feel 50. I feel like I should be wiser (okay, as I typed this I accidentally hit the "d" key and typed in wider -snicker). I feel like I should have done more with my life. More fun and exciting things.

But then I ask myself, "Is that what life is supposed to be about?" Is our goal in life supposed to be fun and excitement? Don't get me wrong, those things are great from time to time but it shouldn't be all our life is about.

Some things I'm asking myself today...

"Did I make a difference in someone else's life?"

"Did my life improve the life of someone else?"

"Was my life pleasing to God?"

"Have I accomplished God's purpose for my life?"

I think I have done those things. I know I can do better. I know that I haven't accomplished all of God's purpose for my life. I know that I need to keep plugging away.

At least, according to Stephen, I have another 30 years to work on it! ;-)

Comments

  1. I'm sure God is pleased with all you have done for Him, Terri. Happy 50th! I turned 60 last year! Wishing you a happy and fun day!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRI!! Woo hoo! Half a century, WOWEEE!! :D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonne Anniversaire dear Terri!
    You are only as old as you feel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Terri, I will be 54 in a few weeks. God bless your big ol' heart and your day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I should put a damper on your 30 more years theory or not but the bible tells us that God has only promised us 70years not 80 though He might allow us those extra years. Based on that info, I've only got this year left but I AM planning on more!

    Yes, I know you have blessed others and God will give us the number of years he wants us to have rather it be only 30 years or 80 years possibly more.

    So keep on doing what you do so well, serving others, crying with others, adding joy to people's lives, making people laugh with you, at you and at themselves. You are a joy. I'm glad you are my daughter. Keep listening to the Lord and let him use you however he will. If you do that, your life will be worth more than all the money or prestige that the world can give.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRI!!!

    Have a wonderful day spent with your loved ones! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Terri! Rory very excitedly said to tell you happy birthday from him, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to "our" sweet, Terri. I hope you have a wonderful day. Can't wait to hear about your special day later on this week (hope so anyway).

    I loved your mother's comment. I know you are blessing others. You certainly have blessed and encouraged me. Your blog is the first thing I read when I turn my computer. Can't wait to hear what you have written about and to see your beautiful photography.

    God bless you today, tomorrow and always.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy, Happy birthday! 50 is nifty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Terri,
    You have a few to go to catch up with me. LOL
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.