Wednesday, January 25, 2012

50 Years Old Today


50 years old.

Half a century.

Stephen mentioned to me that the average person lives until they are 80 years old so I'm 63% of the way there. LOL

I'm not sure what I think about that. It seems like such a large number to be, especially since I don't feel 50. I feel like I should be wiser (okay, as I typed this I accidentally hit the "d" key and typed in wider -snicker). I feel like I should have done more with my life. More fun and exciting things.

But then I ask myself, "Is that what life is supposed to be about?" Is our goal in life supposed to be fun and excitement? Don't get me wrong, those things are great from time to time but it shouldn't be all our life is about.

Some things I'm asking myself today...

"Did I make a difference in someone else's life?"

"Did my life improve the life of someone else?"

"Was my life pleasing to God?"

"Have I accomplished God's purpose for my life?"

I think I have done those things. I know I can do better. I know that I haven't accomplished all of God's purpose for my life. I know that I need to keep plugging away.

At least, according to Stephen, I have another 30 years to work on it! ;-)