True Love




It's Loving Our Children Tuesday at my friend Kate's blog today.  Feel free to join in the fun!

Ever since she was born, this girl has been crazy about animals.  She would be happy with a houseful of them!  And they are just as crazy about her.  I remember going to a barbecue at someone's house and all the children were running around and playing.   Emily was 3 and I couldn't find her.  When I finally did, she was standing in a pasture, petting a cow and the thing was licking her!

IMG_5935

The only problem is that she is highly allergic to EVERYTHING.  Cats, dogs, feathers, horse, and so on.  But no matter how hard I try, I cannot keep her away from them.  It seems like everywhere we go, she finds some animal to pet and love on.  Of course, it always ends the same way....itchy eyes, watery nose, sneezing, eczema flare-up, hives and sometimes wheezing.  But she keeps on touching all those silly animals.

Untitled

I've kind of given up on the whole thing.  Shots are not an option as she does not want them and the allergist said it would take almost a year for them to work and even then there is only a 50% chance that they will work.  So she sneezes and wheezes her way through life and seems pretty happy about it.

Untitled

It doesn't matter what it is...cats, dogs, snakes, turtles, ducks, chickens, goats, horses.  She truly loves them all!

Comments

  1. We found a nest of 7! baby bunnies in the backyard wildflower garden yesterday - I can't help but smile on them even though they are not very far from my lettuce patch. Take care and enjoy the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun, fun!! My Bethany would be right there with your daughter's love for animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't change how your wired and Emily just loves animals. She will probably grow up to be a vet or maybe work as a technician in a animal hospital (like her aunt Jackie) or a pet shop. You can bet that whatever she does, there will always be animals around but if she grows up and has pet snakes, I won't be visiting much! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, special daughter you have, Terri! Anyone who loves animals as much as she does is truly a caring person. God bless her.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Nowadays, kids are so busy with their phones, texting, posting, etc., that an animal is so far from their thoughts. Your daughter has a caring heart, and it shows on her face in the pictures. Loved all the pictures! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live