Unfinished Business

 photo e00b95cc-29db-40c0-a3c9-91329c40b70d_zpsc9e81100.jpg

I've been busy working on an order of fifty tea totes for a friend.  Tea totes are not that difficult to make but if you have the kind of personality that has a hard time sitting still for long periods at a time, it can be daunting to make fifty of them! 

I decided to plug away a bit each day.  My goal was to sew five totes per day.  I'm going to see my friend at the end of April so that gives me plenty of time.  Tuesday night I sat down to sew the first five.  By Wednesday evening I actually had completed twenty-five.  It only took me a few hours because once I began to see progress, I got motivated!

That reminds me of Philippians 1:6,  "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."  God started a work in my life many years ago and while I'm not the person I used to be, there are days when I really feel like I'm living in my old nature.  I'm not even close to living up to the new nature God began.  It is overwhelming and it is discouraging.

Yet, when I spend time in prayer and ask the Lord to help me, that old nature which reared its ugly head is subdued.  It gets a bit easier each time.  I see progress.  God keeps pulling all the pieces of my life together and making me into His image.  Bit by bit, He is shaping me into a beautiful mosaic.

 photo a5f75cb2-7107-48d2-957e-63318d03c670_zpsfa65497d.jpg
 
And that motivates me.  It motivates me to keep plugging away.  To keep getting back up after I'm knocked down and trying again.  I'm encouraged to keep moving forward.  God has unfinished business with me.  He's not done with me yet.  I'm a work in progress, but I'm moving forward.  

Untitled photo Untitled-17.jpg 

That is truly encouraging!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live