What's for Dinner?

"What's for dinner?"  

I hear this statement every day.  I have always been very organized with my meals and generally have always been able to answer this.

This year has been just weird.  Everyone is on different schedules and this summer is just out of control.  Stephen leaves the house at 6:30 a.m. and gets home at 1:00 p.m..  Dan leaves at 8:00 and doesn't get home until 6 p.m.  Nathan's schedule is all over the place.  Some days he works 1st shift and other days it's 2nd shift.  CRAZY!!!!

In an attempt to at least get a plan in place, I decided to go back to writing out a weekly menu.  This way, I'm not staring into my refrigerator at 4:00 p.m.and realizing I forgot to defrost something!  I'm also thinking my crockpot needs to become my friend again.  This way if I get dinner on in the morning, then everyone can eat when they are hungry.

Gone are the days when we all sit down together.  That happens maybe once a week.  So it's an adjustment.

Here is the plan for this week.  Breakfast is mostly cereal because of the different schedules but I have made waffles and put them in the freezer to toast.  I'm just listing dinner here because that is the meal giving me the most trouble.  Of course, I'll have a couple of desserts as well.

Monday - Spicy potato soup, salad, homemade rye bread

Tuesday - Fresh tomato & basil pasta sauce over linguini,  homemade Italian bread, salad

Wednesday - Salmon cakes, rice pilaf, corn bread, tossed salad

Thursday - Curried chicken, rice, fresh fruit salad, steamed broccoli

Friday - Homemade pizza (veggie or pepperoni), tossed salad

Saturday - Roast chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, homemade biscuits, steamed corn

Sunday - Leftovers

Comments

  1. The crockpot sounds like a good idea. They can get a plate whenever they get home. Your menus sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum....it all sounds good to me! :)

    Blessings,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that 4pm gaze into the fridge, too!
    Good idea to use the crockpot for staggered meals. I dont have one now, but did use it a lot years ago when I had hungry children coming homwe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, sounds good! I'll be stopping by Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. HA HA

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live