Counting is Good for You.

Mondays.

I'm not a big fan of them at times.  Usually I feel very drained from a busy weekend.  Today, however, I feel especially blah.  I think it mostly has to do with being sick and the howling wind and snow going on outside my window.  But, I've been determined to keep looking for the blessings and counting the large and small ways that God works in my life.  

The wind is still howling.  The snow is still falling.  I still feel ill.   I generally still feel blah.   However, rather than keeping the focus on those things which will just keep me spiraling downhill into a total self-pitying mood, I'm choosing to look at the good. 

This week I'm thankful for blessings #1911-1922

♥ A productive week of sewing.

♥ Elders laying hands on people and praying for them. 

♥ A peaceful and encouraging congregational meeting.

♥ Connecting with Stephen throughout the week.  He sounds happy and this picture he posted on facebook says it all.


♥ A family who made me feel loved.

♥ Prayers lifted in church for each other.
 
♥ Emily, who seems to be settling in better.



♥ Wonderful birthday wishes from friends near and far.

♥  Blowing my birthday money on new fabric.

♥ Finishing up two reports that have been hanging over me.

♥ A warm house.



and finally...

♥ A warm heart, made that way through counting!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live