Do You Like to Sing?


Psalm 119:171-175 (NIV) ~ 

May my lips overflow with praise,
    for you teach me your decrees.
May my tongue sing of your word,
    for all your commands are righteous.
May your hand be ready to help me,
    for I have chosen your precepts.
I long for your salvation, Lord,
    and your law gives me delight.
Let me live that I may praise you,
    and may your laws sustain me.


I love the words of David in this Psalm.  How many of us can say, "Let my tongue sing of your word" or "Let me stay alive just so I can praise you?"  I want that to be my desire.  I want to wake up each day with a song of thanksgiving and praise on my tongue.  Yet, so often I fail.  A complaint comes to mind.  I wake up and begin to grumble and complain.

I love doing the Multitude Monday posts because it allows me to start my week off on the right foot.  I want my lips to overflow with praise.  My circumstances may not change, but my attitude in the midst of them will.

Do you like to sing? :-)

This week I have so many things to be thankful about!

Blessings #1884-1895

♫ Stephen who made it to his new home safely and sounds happy.


♫ Beautiful snow.

♫ Getting to know new friends.
 
♫ Emily who is getting adjusted to a new school.

♫ A peaceful week, unpacking and settling in.

♫ Voices, blending together in harmony.

♫ Getting to spend time with Dan's parents.
 

♫ God's people praying together.

♫ A wonderful installation service at our new church, getting to see old friends and hear their words of encouragement and affirmation.

♫ Being prayed over by local and district pastors.


♫ A beautiful cake, decorated with love, by a woman in our church.
 

and finally...

♫ Being able to serve alongside my husband, knowing God brought us together for this purpose.


Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.