Valentine's Day



We celebrated Valentine's Day in our usual way this year and included the kids in the celebration.  Personally, I just feel like it's one of those man made holidays and we've been coerced into thinking that we have to have flowers, candy, or gifts in order to feel loved.  To me that's just silly and it causes so many sad feelings in people.  I know I'm loved all the time and don't need Hallmark to tell me otherwise. :-)

So a few years ago, we decided to make it a family celebration.  We generally forgo the gifts, though Dan did get me another Willow Tree figurine this year.  But I always make it a special day of food and fun.

This year was no different.

Pink & red was the theme.


Hearts prevailed.



Pretty decorations.



And a special dinner.  Our menu this year consisted of the folowing:

Garlic crusted pork loin
Garlic mashed potatoes
Homemade biscuits
Steamed green beans
Brandied pears
Bread & butter pickes
Sparkling cider
Chocolate drizzled strawberry cheese pie


Everyone was happy, well fed and loved and that is the goal of my life, not just on Valentine's Day!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.