Monday, May 12, 2014

Contemplation

"You can give up the need to compete in the world — when you accept being complete in Christ." ~ Ann Voskamp

I can so relate to this today.  I've had times of floundering and flopping around like a fish out of water the past few months. 

Today has been a day of doing what I should do all the time.  It's been a day of prayer.  A day of keeping quiet.  Of contemplation.  Of just focusing on my home.  So often, I look for others to affirm me and yet, I have ones right here in front of me that need my attention.  I'm so busy looking around that I forget to keep focused on the ministry the Lord has given me right within these four walls. 

So today, I've been making a comfortable living space for my son who is home from college.  I've been taking care of a very sick young lady who is having a flare-up of asthma.  I've been making meals for my husband and children.  I've been working on things my husband has asked me repeatedly to do and I procrastinate on.

This afternoon, I decided to take a break and check my favorite blog and found this message.  God's love reminding me.  I love when He does that.

Please go visit Ann's blog and feel her words wash over you.