Wednesday Words of Encouragement

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 ~

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.


I've worked really hard the past four months to lose weight and have lost 25 lbs. so far.  Yesterday, my aunt and cousin came for a visit and I took them to the lake where my aunt took a bunch of pictures.  When I saw them on Facebook that evening I realized that I still have a lot more work to do.  I really could be so much further ahead if I wasn't so allergic to exercise!  :-)

This passage is one of my favorite ones and I would suggest reading the entire chapter because it is such an encouraging passage. I chose these verses today because it stresses the importance of working on being renewed inwardly.

In our society we are told it's what you look like on the outside that matters. There are creams for everything. Got wrinkles - get a cream. Got cellulose - get a cream. Teeth are yellowing - get a cream. I'm still waiting for that cream that will help me in my weight loss battle.

Don't get me wrong. I think it is extremely important to be as healthy as we can be.  I know that I do need to work hard on shedding those extra pounds so I can be in top shape.  But the reality is that no matter how hard we work on our bodies they are deteriorating every day. We will die one day. It's an inevitable fact of life.

When we stand before the Lord He is not going to ask us how good we look or how successful we are. He will want to know how we have lived our lives for Him. We need to put effort in what counts. Find out what it is that God wants for your life.  Work at looking as good on the inside as you do on the outside.

I encourage you today to begin your day in God's word and in prayer, asking Him to help you to grow and be renewed. Begin to seek the Lord and include Him in the decisions you make in your life.

Keep that eternal perspective!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.