Multitude Monday


Dan and I are working on the program and liturgy for a community Good Friday service and as I've reflected on Christ's death on the cross, my heart is overwhelmed with thanksgiving for this sacrifice for me.

However, if I'm honest, I don't always think about it and there are days I certainly don't live it.  I grumble and grouch my way through many days.  I complain horribly about the little inconveniences in my day.  I live as if the world revolves around me and forget to look outside myself at others.

Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice for my sins.  His hands and feet were ripped open with the nails and his side pierced with a sword.  Should my response to this sacrifice be any less than absolute thankfulness?

It is good to reflect on these things because it reminds me to appreciate the blessings in my life.

This week I'm thankful for blessings 2376 - 2385.

2376.  Dan made it home safe and sound with Stephen and we are enjoying him being here.

2377.  I'm very thankful for the men in our church who came and got rid of the large amount of ice on our roof that was causing our ceiling to leak.

2378.  Warmer temperatures and snow that is starting to melt.

2379.  Encouragement from a fellow pastor's wife.

2380.  So thankful for the time change and even though it throws my inner clock off, it was light until 7:00 last night.

2381.  A wonderful time of corporate prayer in church yesterday.

2382.  A random thought that led me to discovering a way to save some money for an upcoming trip.

2383.  I'm thankful for being able to check a huge thing off my to-do list which was stressing me out.

2384.  A growing church.

and finally...

2385.  Reflecting on the gift I've been given.

Comments