Bloom Where You are Transplanted


As I looked around our little church yesterday, we were stuffed to the gills.  We had 55 people and my husband counted and there were still 20 seats left, but it was definitely tight.  Of course, many of those were in the front row so they may never fill up. ;-) 

I loved seeing the herd of children head off to children's church before the sermon.  When we arrived two years ago there were no young ones so this is another good sign of growth.  We are letting our teens know about winter camp at our denomination's local campground and so far have about six teenagers interested. 

Our church service is over around 11:00 and yet, people stay and fellowship until about noon.  There is lots of laughter.  There is an energy and excitement that is so wonderful to see. 

And yet, there was a time, when I wondered if we made a huge mistake coming here.  I felt out of place and lost.  I was like a fish out of water.  I'm not sure how or why the turning point came, but I do remember gradually starting to feel like I could be myself.  I began to feel relaxed.  It felt like home and not just some place we have moved to be near Dan's job.  My desire and enthusiasm for ministry came back.

I'm so thankful for this congregation.  We have grown to love them.  Dan loves it here and is thriving.  I love it here and even my children have grown to love it too.

There is a saying, "bloom where you are planted."  Sometimes, it takes a bit of time for roots to take hold when a flower is transplanted.  The plant may look wilted and as if it will die.  Yet, one day you look at that flower and the leaves and stem look vibrant and healthy.  There are buds on the plant and it eventually blooms.

I feel a bit like that flower! I'm finally blooming where I have been transplanted!

Comments

  1. That's so good to hear Terri. I am sure you and your husband have made a big contribution to your church.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live