Unwrap the Gift


John 3:16 ~ 

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son that whoever believes in Him should not die but have eternal life.

When we moved here,  we were greeted by a few men to help us unload our beds and then the next day we were served lunch and a multitude of hands from the church helped us unload the truck.


We were warmly greeted, welcomed and wanted.  We knew we were not only in a new house but home. 


Jesus also made a move so many years ago.  He left His familiar and comfortable home and came to a world who should have welcomed Him with open arms.  They should have accepted, embraced and rejoiced over His coming.  Instead, for the most part, He was rejected, despised, spit upon, beaten and crucified.


Yet, knowing this ahead of time, He came anyway.  He gave up everything despite this knowledge.  He willingly took on human flesh and frailty so that we would have life.


And that gift makes me weep with joy.  When I truly understand the sacrifice made for me, Terri Groh, I am humbled.  And yet, so often I toss that gift so casually to the side.
  • When I raise my voice in anger and exasperation at my child's mistake, or just because I'm tired and cranky, I reject that gift. 
  • When I turn my back on a need because I don't "feel" like helping, I despise that gift.
  •  When I refuse to give up my selfish ways, I spit on that gift.
  •  When  I demand that things be done my way, I throw that gift away.
  • When I think I don't need a Savior, I crucify that gift.

My prayer this Christmas is that many will unwrap this wonderful gift given to the world.  That the gift will be taken out of it's package and embraced and used to change lives.  

Don't reject this wonderful gift this year.


Have a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live