A Different Kind of Frugal Friday


Psalm 37:3-6 (HCSB) ~

Trust in the Lord and do what is good;
dwell in the land and live securely.
Take delight in the Lord,
and He will give you your heart’s desires.
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in Him, and He will act,
making your righteousness shine like the dawn,
your justice like the noonday.

This is a different kind of Frugal Friday post.  God absolutely amazes me sometimes in His willingness to bless me, especially when least expected.  I had shared a few weeks ago that I had to give up my plans for both the class I was going to take, and consecration through our denomination because of the need to take care of Stephen's school bill, as well as Emily's. 

The problem I have is that I am the director of a women's ministry for our district and that takes up a lot of my time.  It's an elected position and is a four year term. I love doing it and it brings me great joy in my life, but because of the time commitment it makes it difficult to find employment that wouldn't affect my ministry position.  I had also put the idea of consecration on hold because there was no way I could work, do church ministry and this extended ministry PLUS work on consecration.  I was disappointed, but resigned.

I put my name in to tutor for the school district about 6 weeks ago.  It would be flexible, part-time hours and so I could manage.  However, I never heard back from the school. I had hand delivered it so I know they received it.  So I resigned myself to tightening my belt and seeing what else I could find.  I knew it would be difficult though because with my ministry position there are times throughout the year when I have conferences or retreats that are required.

This is where the awesomeness of God comes in.  I got an email yesterday afternoon from Stephen's college, stating that they mistakenly charged him as a full-time student, even though he is part-time.  They are refunding us the entire amount we paid.  We took out a loan to pay his tuition for the semester and are getting it all back! Woot!

Because it's a low interest loan with low payments, what we have decided to do is to pay off some of the higher interest bills we have in order to get out of debt sooner.  I am just amazed at how this all worked out!  God knows my heart's desire is to serve Him in ministry.

Dan and I were chatting this morning about how often God orchestrates things in ways we never would have expected. Within the past week, Dan has received two students to tutor, we got money back, and are able to pay off 3 bills that are hanging over us.

God is good!

Comments