Meanderings


It's been extremely warm and humid the past few weeks and feels more like July rather than October.  And to be honest, it makes me think that this is the lull before a very crazy winter!  However, even with the warm weather, I've been in the autumn mood.  The house is decorated for fall.



Soups and stew are on my mind.



 My pantry shelves are decorated with the fruit of my labor.


My sewing machine is humming again.


And I've been sitting down in the evening to work on some crafty creations.

Now that things have settled down with retreat planning and the next few months are quiet, there are a couple of upcoming craft fairs that I decided to participate in.  I still have inventory left over as well as fabric, and we can always use the money, so I'll be doing some sewing and crafting over the next few months.  

This Saturday is an all day fair at a local park.  I don't necessarily like sitting in one spot all day, but thought I'd give it a try, especially since there is no cost to this particular one other than donating a basket of goodies to raffle.  A local farm market, less than a quarter mile down the road, is willing to carry my items too so I'll be putting some things over there for a couple months (they close for the winter).

My days are spent cleaning, baking and cooking, sewing, ministry, and then studying some each day for my licensing interview.  I mentioned before that I'm working on consecration and the first step in that is to meet with a few pastors for provisional licensing and then I have 2-3 years to write five positional doctrinal papers, do reading assignments and study, study, study for my consecration interview.  

However, today's agenda is different.  I'm making some cookies this morning to send back with Emily and then we are off to return her to college until Thanksgiving.  Stephen left yesterday and will be back at Thanksgiving too.  I'm going to miss having them both home. 

These are just some meandering thoughts today.  Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live