Multitude Monday


I awoke this morning to pouring rain and high winds.  I am thankful that it's not 10 degrees colder or this would be quite the snowstorm!  Today is going to be a day to hunker down and get some sewing done.  I'm filling an order for 40 teapot cozies, 25 coffee cup cozies and 25 jars of jelly so I have plenty of things to do to fill up my day and week.  This is the type of day when I wish we had a fireplace!

My heart is full this morning.  We spent Friday traveling to visit Dan's parents.  The leaves were at peak and the drive was beautiful.  These pictures do nothing to capture the beauty of the drying stalks in the cornfields and the orange and yellows of the leaves.



It was nice to catch up with my in-laws, as well as getting to see Dan's younger brother, his wife and our nephew.




Saturday we stopped by Emily's college on the way home and took her to lunch.  It was only a couple of hours but it was a nice visit.  It's such a weird feeling to have my youngest living on her own and it's an adjustment for both Dan and I.


Yesterday morning's worship was on the subdued side until one of our families came in late and took a seat in the front row.  Their youngest who is five danced and hopped her way down the aisle and her joy was contagious.  The difference in atmosphere changed quickly. I think there was a reason that Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me."  They certainly have no inhibitions in worship!

My neighbor stopped by with a monster-sized cabbage yesterday from her garden.  This picture does not do it justice in the size.  There was no way it was going to fit into my fridge so I spent the afternoon chopping it up, and pounding it down for sauerkraut.  I still have 1/4 of it left that I'll use for dinner tonight.



The house smelled wonderful with the scent of cinnamon and nutmeg as a peach crisp cooked in the oven and scented candles wafted through the air.  


And finally, last night we went to a get together at a friend's house and it was a wonderful evening of laughter and talk.  

It was a good weekend. My tank was filled and I'm ready to face whatever comes this week.  This Monday I am full of a multitude of blessings. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live