Multitude Monday


I find it so difficult to be patient at times.  I want things to move quickly and when they don't, I get discouraged and want to give up.  Or I want to force things to go the way I want.  Yet, God's timing is not always my timing.  And there are lessons to be learned in the waiting. But it's hard. Waiting seems unbearable.

I want instant answers to my prayers.  Instant solutions to my problems.  Instant church growth.  Instant EVERYTHING!  Yet, God seems ploddingly slow at times.  However, I know that just as patience is needed for bread to go through a couple of risings to have that light and airy texture, I too need to have patience as I wait.

Because the Lord knows just what I need.  He works on me as I wait.  I am being shaped and molded into His desire for my life and that comes through these waiting periods.  So even though I don't like them, I choose to be thankful for the wait.

This week I'm thankful for blessings, 3111 - 3120.

3111.  Sewing and crafting have always been two of the things I really enjoy and it was nice to get back behind the sewing machine this past week.

3112.  Bread orders which only earn a few dollars but every little bit helps.

(Cinnamon bread)

3113.  Got on the scales and am down 5 lbs.  Whoo-hoo!

3114.  A date night out with my husband.

3115.  Cooler, fall temperatures are finally here.

3116.  Simple meals that take only a few minutes to make. 


3117.  Going to support a friend at her brother's memorial service.

3118.  Spending an afternoon with another ministry couple.  It was so good to be encouraged and just to have fun conversation and share.

3119.  The beauty of the countryside.


and finally...

3120. Waiting on God's timing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live