Multitude Monday


I was sitting and sewing the other day when I had a bit of an epiphany.  Since moving here 4 years ago, I really feel as if I've been all over the map with what I should do or shouldn't do with my life.  What is the path that God wants me to walk down?  What direction should I go with my ministry? 

I've been floundering big time and it's depressing.  Some of that floundering has happened because I am entering a brand new stage in my life. For years my activities were centered around my children and now that they are out of the house I'm not sure what to do.  Our last community was so very different than this one and it's been difficult to try and figure out what works here and what doesn't.

I do know that God has wired me to be around people and sitting alone by myself in the house for days on end is NOT good for me or my spirits.  I start to feel as if I'm going to dry up and blow away. I'm alone with my thoughts all day long and I get depressed.


Yet, at the same time I have a commitment to the ministry I'm the director of for our district and that requires at least 30+ days away from home during the year, plus the normal daily activity I do for that as well.  I was elected to a four year term and so it's kind of hard to go out and get a job that would be understanding of that type of time commitment. 

So as I've pondered what I can do to help bring in a bit of an income, and yet, keep me out and about in the community, I realize that I had something that I was doing that I loved and which also kept me busy and around people.  That was my sewing business. 

I certainly have no plans to open a shop again as that took money away from us, but I certainly can sell at some craft shows and other avenues. I've also decided to streamline and instead of spreading myself so thin with sewing, making soap, jams, breads, candles and cards to just focus on the sewing end of things.  

A friend who owns a successful tea business has asked me to be her exclusive supplier of tea cozies.  


My district ministry commitment goes through an ebb and flow of busyness and from October through about March it's slow as far as time spent away from home.  So I've realized that I don't need to close down my business permanently, but just take a bit of hiatus in the spring and fall.  

So my sewing machine has been busy again and it's been nice to be back in touch with business contacts and community contacts. I've reopened my Etsy shop and am working at building up my base again, as well as adjusting my advertising costs.  

And the activity has been helping to renew my spirits, keep me busy as well as contributing to our household budget.  I'm working on fulfilling a large order at the moment and have gotten a few other orders as well for Christmas.  Our church is hosting a craft fair on November 11th and I'm participating in a large Christmas craft fair in early December as well.

This week I'm thankful for blessings, 3121 - 3130.

3121.  After being sick all week long, I'm thankful that I feel much better.  I'm still coughing and am congested, but I don't feel like I'm going to fall over any minute.

3122.  The smell of cinnamon and sugar baked in a cake.  


3123. A gorgeous day yesterday.  After church, Dan and I went to visit some falls.  They were beautiful and I would have liked to go all the way to the bottom, but my knee could not take the steps.  I've reinjured the ligament in my right knee and had all I could do to get back up the few steps I went down.  However, I'm thankful I was able to get these photos.


3124.  Beautiful encouragement cards and gifts from people at church for Pastor's appreciation month.

3125.  Dan tutors to supplement his income but this year students have been scarce.  I'm thankful that he got a call and now has 3 students.

3126.  Gorgeous, warm weather.  I laughed yesterday because I noticed I have blooming flowers still.  



3127.  A wonderful worship service and potluck luncheon yesterday.  We had a good crowd and an upbeat atmosphere.

3128.  We almost collided with another vehicle yesterday.  Dan was making a left hand turn onto a busy road and another car was turning left next to us, cut the corner too sharp and missed us by about an inch.  I'm thankful that he didn't hit us.

3129.  Learning new tricks with hashtags and tagging and all sorts of nifty things to increase internet business.

and finally...

3130.  My creativity and mind feel like they are flowing again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live