Staying on Top of Christmas Preparations


Dan and I were chatting the other day and I mentioned to him that I feel like I'm stuck in quicksand and can't get out.  For the past few years I feel like I'm floundering as far as my productivity and energy level. I know some of that has been due to injuries my knees have sustained.  But the more that I sit, the lazier I start to feel and the easier it is not to move.

So in an effort to re-energize and get myself back up and moving again, I'm working on staying on top of Christmas preparations.  Tomorrow is November 1st and that means there are only 55 more days until Christmas.  It'll be here before you know it!

One of the things I plan to do this year is have a Christmas open house/party and the more I prep ahead of time the better!  So this morning I sat down and came up with my annual list of Christmas cookies.  I can start making them now and put them in the freezer so that it's not so overwhelming when the time comes.

Here is the list for this year:

gingerbread men
cocoa snowflakes
pepparkakor (swedish ginger thins)
spritz
bizcochitos
cinnamon pinwheels
Mexican tea cakes
kolache (polish jam-filled cookies)
snickerdoodles
peppermint chocolate crunch
Christmas meringues
lemon squares
date nut balls

I love everything about Christmas and as I put this list together I felt myself getting excited!  It must mean I'm a child at heart. ;-)  lol  Now to start figuring out what I'm doing for Christmas gifts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live