Multitude Monday


Luke 2:8-14 (HCSB) ~

In the same region, shepherds were staying out in the fields and keeping watch at night over their flock. Then an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Don’t be afraid, for look, I proclaim to you good news of great joy that will be for all the people: Today a Savior, who is Messiah the Lord, was born for you in the city of David. This will be the sign for you: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in cloth and lying in a feeding trough.”

Suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying:

Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and peace on earth to people He favors!

The shepherds were out tending their flock when the angel appeared to them.  The text tells us they were terrified, so can you imagine what they felt when the multitude of heavenly host showed up?  

The magnitude of this event was so tremendous that all of heaven opened up and cried out His praises.  I would have loved to be there to witness it. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have something like this happen today?

It often seems as if my faith is stale and I'm going through the motions. Days bleed into each other and it's the same routine day in and day out.  Yet, if I truly take the time and look around me there is so much for which to praise God.  I see God's hand on me on a daily basis.  I just have to be aware so I don't miss them.  It means shutting out the noise and distractions and paying attention.

I may not have a multitude of heavenly host singing in my ear, but I can sing His praise for the multitude of blessings in my life.

This week I'm thankful for blessings, 3189 - 3200

3189. A husband who is a wonderful father.  He is engaged and present in his children's lives.

3190.  Friends who make me laugh and support me in prayer.

3191.  Seeing new people getting involved at church.

3192.  The blessing of holding a newborn baby for whom we have prayed.


3193.  The enjoyment I find in creating in my kitchen.


3194.  Stephen will be finished with his degree this week and then will be home until he finds a job.  I'm thankful I'll have a bit of time with him before this happens.

3195.  My daughter who calls me and shares her life with me.

3196.  Being able to bring dinner to a friend.

3197.  The joy of new fallen snow.

3198.  Children who make me laugh and bring me joy.


3199. Sunday afternoons which generally are times of relaxing and doing nothing.

and finally...

3200. Recognizing the multitude of blessings in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live