The Rhythm of My Heart





Now that  my season for retreats and conferences has ended for a few months and the holidays are upon us, I'm finding that my days are flowing nicely and there is a rhythm to each day. My life has always been centered around God, ministry and my family and the flow of my days reflect that.

I get up and pour my coffee, have my time with the Lord, usually catch up on Facebook after that and write a blog post (it's a bit late this morning), as well as do any email correspondence that needs to be done.

I take a shower and dress, do the breakfast dishes and throw in a load of laundry. I get a general idea of what I'm making for dinner and get the meat out to thaw unless it's a larger item that needs to come out the night before.

I usually do a few household chores and then I sew until lunch. I get lunch, watch a favorite show or catch up online while I eat. Then I'll usually do one big chore, work on consecration questions, read any required reading or work on a paper (though papers haven't happened since early Sept.). If I'm not doing consecration items, church ministry is replacing it. 

I try to walk in the afternoon though it's been raining non-stop so I squeezed that in this morning while the sun was out. Then I get started on dinner. After dinner, I'll watch the news while also catching up on more emails. Then it's either some sort of meeting (last night was a board meeting) or I'll watch a favorite show or two.

We go in the bedroom to read around 9:30 and then I'm usually snoring by 10-10:15. Then it starts all over the next day. Obviously, meetings during the day replace the above activities but this is the general flow of each day and I like it!  

It's the rhythm of my heart - ministry, family (both personal and church) and living a fairly simple life. 

I need to get my to-do list written up for the week so here goes:

Spiritual/Personal Development
Bible reading/prayer - 5 out of 7 days - I got my new Bible and am starting through it a second time in a different translation - 6 days done
Consecration required reading

Health
Walk 5 days this week - 3 days done
Keep calories to under 1600

Marriage/Family
Date night with Dan
Fill out FASFA for Emily

Ministry
Write newsletter for Great Commission Women
Email churches
Bulletins
Put up paper chain for thanksgiving activity we are doing at church
Monthly consecration report
Great Commission Women correspondance
Lunch with friend on Thursday

Household
Clean bathrooms
Clean sunroom
Dust

Craft/Sewing Business
I'm participating in a few craft shows this month so I need to keep going with stocking as one of the shows is huge. It's at the state fair grounds over three days and about 5,000 shoppers come through.

I'll just post things here as I make them: 12 coffee cup sleeves, 1 adult apron, 3 children's apron, 3 ornaments, 2 teapot cozies, 2 table runners, 1 set of 4 placemats, 2 sets of 4 coasters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live