Multitude Monday











 








Flowers, Easter eggs, goody bags, crowds of people, inspiring worship, cookies, dinner with a friend, and board games. It was a great weekend!

All week long I had watched the weather in anticipation of our Community Easter Egg hunt on Saturday. The forecast called for thunderstorms and steady rain. Our building is tiny and we didn't have a feasible alternative if it was pouring rain. Many prayers went up all week and I was so happy when Saturday rolled around. It was overcast and cool but the rain held off all day long until about 45 minutes after everything was cleaned up. Then the skies opened up and the rain fell.

We had 70 children and their families attend and it was a great afternoon. We had filled 2,500 eggs which took many hours. And yet, in the space of 10-15 minutes they were picked clean! It kind of reminded me of Thanksgiving dinner which takes all day to prepare and 20 minutes to eat. :-)

We had Easter breakfast and then an uplifting worship service on Sunday. I love our church family and it was wonderful to see so many there. We came home and I crashed for a couple of hours and then we had a friend over for dinner. 

Emily was home for the weekend so it was nice to have all three of my children under the same roof. We have our twice a month service this morning at a local nursing home and then Dan is taking Emily back to school. 

This week is going to be full of last minute preparations for my district retreat this coming Friday and Saturday. I have an all day long meeting on Thursday and then head to the hotel that night to get things set up there so another busy week is ahead. But I'm thankful for the multitude of blessings that happened this past week.

Comments

  1. What a lovely Easter celebration and all the children home. How nice is that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live