Staying out of Trouble

I've been spending some time each day making jam and jelly for an upcoming farmers market that begins this Friday. So far I have grape jelly, dandelion jelly, blueberry and strawberry jams. The plan today is to make some raspberry with the berries I have in my freezer from last summer. I think that'll be enough to get me started. 

On a side note, the word "jammin'" always makes me think of a story from when the children were little. My husband loves heavy metal music and my children grew up listening to it. One day, Dan and the kids were sitting in the car waiting for me and when I came out, Emily who was about 19 months old shouted over the music, "Mommy, we're JAMMIN'!" lol

I have a couple of table runners to make today, as well as some soup bowl cozies. But other than that, I have a large stash of home décor items in storage that I'll be pulling out.




Then Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon I'll be on to bread making. I haven't done a summer market in a few years and I'm looking forward to being out and around people again. I feel pretty isolated most days and this is a great way to get out into our community and get to know people.
In between all of this sewing and baking/cooking I've been working on a couple of talks that I have to give and my normal ministry work. It's a busy life but I'm thankful for the life I do have. It's eclectic and fits my personality. I've never been one to enjoy the same routine day in and day out. 

Besides all this busyness keeps me out of trouble! ;-)

Comments

  1. I am praying you do well at the sale. This is so much work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually fun for me so it doesn't feel like work. Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.