Cookiepalooza

Snickerdoodles
I updated my home processing license through the Department of Agriculture to include cookies, muffins, scones and granola. I wanted to be able to offer different things at the farmers market. At this point, I've only brought cookies besides my normal breads and jams. 

Because cookies freeze very well and stay fresh, I've been able to start making the cookies early in the week and try to make a batch or two a day. Thursdays and Fridays are taken up with bread making and given the situation with my back I'm better off not standing for long periods of time. So the routine each day is to take the butter out of the freezer where it is stored and let it thaw on the counter in the morning. Then at some point in the afternoon I make the cookies.

I've been bringing about 17 dozen a week of five different kinds of cookies. So far this week we have molasses crinkles, coconut-lime sugar cookies, chocolate chip and lemon crinkles.





Today I'm making oatmeal-raisin cookies and then I'll be done with the cookies for this week. I've been having fun doing the market. I'm meeting new people and getting out in the community, I have repeat customers, and I've made some money which is helping to pay some of our bills. 

And our church is benefiting from it too because whatever I don't sell on Friday generally gets shared for refreshments on Sunday. And who doesn't like a cookie?


Comments

  1. these look delicious
    hope your back is feeling better
    I have some blueberries that my husband is hoping I will make a pie with but it is so darn hot and humid
    where did you get the cookie recipe from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I have a few cookie cookbooks and I've also gotten many online.

      Delete
  2. They look delicious!! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live