Meals on the Go






I love to cook for people and I honestly love to cook for my family. But I'm busy, I have a lot on my plate (pun not intended), and by the time dinner time rolls around I'm starting to fade. So I don't want to spend hours making meals. I generally don't know what I'm making until the day of unless I purchase a specific roast or something that needs to be thawed for a long period of time. Normally, I open up the freezer, stare into it and then inspiration hits! lol

Most of the dinners I make only take me about 30 minutes from start to the table. I try to keep it simple and I've also shared here before that late in the afternoon I'll put on the Food Network and after watching a half an hour of my favorite shows I feel motivated to start dinner. Whatever works!

This week we had a variety of meals - taboulleh, spicy red pepper pork chops, beef stew, Mexican casserole, and chili. What doesn't get eaten for dinner is used for leftovers for lunches. Now that I'm making bread every week for the farmers market, what doesn't get sold gets used here for meals.

Every so often I think that I'd love to open a restaurant but the reality is that if I had to do it every day on that scale I'd probably not enjoy it so much. So I'll just keep cooking for my family, for friends, and for guests in our home. 

If you are ever in the area, stop by. There is always something to eat!

Comments

  1. Your meals always look so delicious Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the bread- love love it
    I had a friend that made the most delicious cakes and I told her she should open a bakery but she said if she had to do it full time it would not be fun
    so she stayed with nursing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live