Preparation









My days are so busy and full. I really do enjoy it, but in order to keep some resemblance of sanity I need to find balance. I don't want to fall into the trap which I often do of spending an entire day focusing only on one thing to the detriment of all else.

I think the word that would describe my days is preparation.

Preparing my Mind

I'm preparing my mind as I study for my consecration exams. My 8 hour written exam is September 11. My oral exam before the Licensing, Ordination, Consecration Committee is on October 22nd. All of my requirements are done so all that remains is studying. I've been putting together PowerPoint presentations of the different question sections since it helps solidify it in my own head.

The verse that comes to mind is in 2 Timothy 2:15 ~ "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth."

Preparing to Can

I bought some peaches and plums yesterday to make some jam. My jams and jellies have been selling well and I'm basically down to just grape jelly which no one seems interested in. So I need to replenish. Because I don't want to spend every waking moment in the kitchen, I prepped the peaches last night by peeling them and cutting them up. This morning I made the jam.

Tonight I'll get the plums ready so tomorrow I can make up a batch of plum jam.

Preparing to Bake

A friend gave me a tip and last night I made up bags with all the dry ingredients ready for my cookies. This way, I can just take out the butter from the freezer the night before, let it thaw and whip up the cookies the next day. My plan is to do a batch each day. Last week I tried having just one baking day and was not a fan of being on my feet all day long.

Preparing to Sew

I bought some new fabric yesterday and generally will cut out a few projects at a time so it's all set to go when I have time to sew.

Preparing to Teach

Next Monday is the worship service we run at the local nursing home and I've putting together the message this week for that. I'm going through the Gospel of Matthew and it's been such a good exercise for me.

This morning I made peach jam, did a load of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, cut fabric for two sets of soup bowl cozies and now I'm at the church and getting ready to study for a couple of hours.

Preparing my mind, preparing my heart and preparing my days. 

Comments

  1. SUch good ideas when you are trying to put alot out of the kitchen at one time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dry ingredient in bags was really a great idea, especially because I'm working in a tight kitchen space. It's shaved quite a bit of time off as I make each batch.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live