Sufficient



God, I can't carry this burden. It's too heavy. I didn't plan for this.

So often in our lives we get hit with the unexpected, the unplanned and the unwanted burden. It hits us right in the gut with a sickening thud and leaves us weak and stressed. We become bent over from the weight of it and we're not sure how we are supposed to take a step forward.

But God in His grace offers to carry the burden for us. As I opened my Bible to read this morning, this verse in Psalm 68 caused me to pause. He daily carries my burden. He promises to help me get through today. I can't see what's coming tomorrow and I don't need to know. As I start each new day with Christ, He stoops and picks up my burden and walks with me.


Matthew 11:28-30 ~



Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

My rest comes when I allow Him to help me carry that struggle. When farmers team oxen together, the older more experienced animal is paired with a young inexperienced one. This way the young one will learn what to do, but most of the burden is shouldered by the more experienced one. Christ offers to shoulder the majority of my burden but in order for that to happen I have to be yoked to Him.

It's a daily yoking. He will pick up my burden and help carry it but I need to yoke myself to Him every day.


Luke 11:3 ~



Give us today our daily bread.

He promises us bread for this day. To carry our burden for this day. To walk with us this day. To feed us today.

Carrying the burden, yoking ourselves to Him, trusting Him each day. That's the key to finding rest. We find peace as we rely on Him for what we need to get through today. One step at a time, one mile at a time, one rough day at a time.

And joy comes in the morning when I can do this because I know that He is sufficient for this day. His mercy is new each day and He will give me what I need for today.




Lamentations 3:21-24 ~

Yet this I call to mind
    and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

Comments

  1. The problem is most of us don't want bread for the day, we ant it for the week, the month, the year. We want what our neighbor has or what we perceive the world to have. The lesson here is to trust and trust is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is exactly the reason that God may only give us what we need for each day. He knows we can only handle trusting one step at a time.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, here's the link to the scripture sung by Esther Mui,

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRzRrc7XEjs&list=PLhvTTPyjymp-IaBQ-kC8s3emYxc1ZciQP

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live