The Sun Will Rise Again




I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. After tossing and turning for about an hour I finally got up and went out on the back deck with my Bible and a cup of coffee. It was too dark to read so for about a half an hour I just sat and sipped the coffee and prayed. The sky was black and all I could see was the moon shining above me.

But gradually, the sky began to brighten and turn pink. 


And when I peeked around the corner of the house I saw this gorgeous sunrise. The sky was beautiful with orange, pink and purple hues.




I'm not sure what difficult thing you are going through, but no matter how black your night feels, the sun will rise again. The pain will ease and you will see bright skies. I've been there and understand that dark despair but at the same time, that's exactly where the enemy would want you to stay; in despair. 

But God is with you and walking alongside you. He will strengthen and comfort you. He will provide all you need for each moment of the dark path. Keep your eyes on Him. He will see you through and the sun will rise again.

I Peter 5:10-11 ~

Now the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will personally restore, establish, strengthen, and support you after you have suffered a little. The dominion belongs to Him forever. Amen.

Notice that this passage says that He will personally do this. We have a hands-on God who interacts with His people. That's encouraging news for us. God is intimate with His creation and He loves you more than you will ever know or be able to understand.

Keep looking for the sun to come up! It will rise again.

Comments

  1. Thank you for this post
    I needed it I have daily been trying to focus on isaiah 26:3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live